Thursday, September 5, 2013

Throwback Thursday (5)


Welcome to Throwback Thursday!!! In this weekly post I will be mentioning some books from the past that are near and dear to my heart. The purpose is not to do a FULL review, but just tell you a little about the book itself and some little tidbits I loved about it.

 I have also had a few other bloggers contact me in joining this weekly meme. If you are interested feel free to contact me. :)


Series: Women of the Otherworld #1
Genre: Paranormal Romance, Urban Fantasy
Published: June 2010

Goodread's Description:

Elena Michaels seems like the typically strong and sexy modern woman, She lives with her architect boyfriend, writes for a popular newspaper, and works out at the gym. She's also a werewolf.
Elena has done all she can to assimilate to the human world, but the man whose bite changed her existence forever, and his legacy, continue to haunt her. Thrown into a desperate war for survival that tests her allegiance to a secret clan of werewolves, Elena must recon with who, and what, she is in this passionate, page-turning novel that begins the Women of the Otherworld series.


I just got my hands on Thirteen, which is the last installment in this series so I wanted to use Bitten for my TT this week. I don't hear many people talking about this series but it is one that I fell in love with right from the start. It's not your typical werewolf story. There are so many other paranormal beings involved. Bitten is more focused on the werewolf aspect since the MC is Elena, who is indeed a werewolf. You get to dive into her world, which is normal enough at first, until her ex drags her back into a world that she thought she was able to leave behind. She loves and hates her ex with a passion. He was the one that bit her and she despises him for it, but at the same time can not deny the fact that she is still completely in love with him. I loved all the characters in this book, and in the series. It is an action packed book and has some great romance so you will never get bored with it. 

If you read this book and love it I hope you continue with the series. The books change point of views from different characters through out the series, which I really like. I loved getting to really see into the different worlds that were all intertwined-werewolves, witches, vampires, demons, etc. I urge you to give it a try. I can't wait to dive into Thirteen. :)

“You forget, darling.
am
 the local psychopath.” -Kelley Armstrong, Bitten


Have you read Bitten? What did you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! I try to always comment back :)